Voluntary Recall of Remington 700 & 7 Firearms
There has been a voluntary recall for the following models of Remington Firearms 700 & 7 which affects firearms manufactured between 1 May 2006 to 9 April 2014, fitted with a X-Mark Pro® (“XMP®”) trigger.
The website link below allows customers to check if their gun is required to be inspected by a firearms dealer.
If your firearm is affected, you should contact your nearest NSW licensed firearms dealer for further information.
NSW 'R' Game Hunting Licence
Firearms and Criminal Groups Legislation Amendment Act 2013
The Firearms and Criminal Groups Legislation Amendment Act 2013 commenced on 1 November 2013.
For a summary of key changes please see the below document.
- Summary of Key Changes - Firearms and Criminal Groups Legislation Amendment Act 2013
- Firearms and Criminal Groups Legislation Amendment Act 2013
Welcome to the Firearms Registry
The Firearms Registry is part of NSW Police Force and is responsible for administering the Firearms and Prohibited Weapons legislation, including the registration of firearms, licensing and compliance in NSW.
The Registry offers a range of services, including issuing firearms licences and permits to individuals and firearms dealers, permits to acquire a firearm and registration of firearms, police certification for importation of certain firearms & weapons and transfer of firearms to and from interstate.
Firearms licence and permit holders must comply with the conditions relating to their licence or permit, including licensing and registration requirements and safe handling and safe storage of firearms. Licence and permit holders must also comply with the notification requirements for a change of personal details, lost or stolen firearms, disposal of firearms, including those from deceased estates, and transfer of firearms registration.
Your responsibilities as a firearms licence or permit holder are provided on the Authority and Conditions page.
How to Use this Website
Click on the links on the left hand side of this page to take you to other pages within the website. To get back to the Home Page at any time, click on the Firearms Registry heading on the left hand side of the page.
The following Online Services are available:
- Request Firearms Licence Application Forms
- Change of Personal Details on your existing licence or permit
- Request a Duplicate Registration Certificate
- Request for a Permit to Acquire a Firearm Form
- Google Chrome and Mac Issues Using Online Forms
Quick Guides To:
- Applying for a Firearms Licence
- Applying for a Minors Permit
- How to Purchase a Firearm
- How to Dispose of Firearms
Licence Holder News & Events
- General Legislative Requirements - Licence Holder
- General Legislative Requirements - Firearms Permit Holder
- General Legislative Requirements - Prohibited Weapons Permit Holder
- Safety Matters
- Mental Health Section 79 Notification Form
- Legislative Requirements
- Safe Storage Inspections
- Permit to Acquire a Firearm, How They Work
- Introduction to Firearms