Are you moving to NSW?
If you are an interstate firearms licence holder moving to NSW, you must apply for a firearms licence in this State AND register all your firearms to your NSW firearms licence.
You can apply for a NSW firearm licence online via Service NSW at www.service.nsw.gov.au .Instructions on how to proceed are provided on the ServiceNSW webpage.
To complete your online application you will need:
- A MyServiceNSW Account linked to NSW Police Force
- Your Interstate Firearm Licence number, expiry date and State/Territory of issue
- The number of firearms in your possession and the Serial numbers
- Supporting documents for the Genuine Reason/s for your NSW firearm licence – refer to the information provided on the FACT Sheet for each Genuine Reason.
- Credit card to pay the licence fee (if applicable)
The FACT Sheet below provides additional information in relation to interstate residents moving to NSW.
- FACT Sheet - Interstate Residents moving to NSW (PDF)
Are you moving interstate?
To hold a firearms licence in NSW, you must be a resident of NSW.
If you move interstate, you must obtain a firearms licence in your new state of residence AND register all your firearms to your interstate licence.
If you move interstate and obtain a firearms licence in your new State of residence but want to continue storing your firearms in NSW, please refer to the information provided below under the heading “Are you the holder of an interstate firearms licence and wish to store firearms in NSW?”.
Are you the holder of an interstate firearms licence and wish to store firearms in NSW?
An interstate resident who is authorised to possess and use firearms in their state of residence can apply to store firearms registered to their interstate firearms licence in NSW on a permanent basis. The following link will direct you to a webpage which contains application forms and further information relating to this permit.