Proactive release of NSW Police Force information
NSW Police Force is an open, transparent and accountable government agency. We are committed to keeping the community informed by releasing information that is relevant and of interest to the community on a regular basis. Such information that is readily available forms part of our proactive release strategy and is contained within this section of our website.
The page menu, located either to the right or above, contains links to information that has been specifically identified as having an interest to the community.
Policy, Procedure and Legislation
NSW Police Force regularly review and share information on their Policies, Procedure and Legislation.
Information previously released by NSW Police Force under the GIPA Act
Details concerning decisions made by NSW Police Force in response to an application that may be of interest to other members of the public may be included on our Disclosure Log.
The NSW Police Force's Disclosure Log provides details of:
- The date the application was decided;
- A copy of, or description of, the information to which access was provided;
- A statement as to whether the information is now available to other members of the public, and
- How the information can be accessed.
Access the NSW Police Force disclosure log.
Applying for formal access to NSW Police Force Information
Some documents held by NSW Police Force are made available only through lodging a formal GIPA access application.
The application must:
- be in writing;
- specify that it is made pursuant to the GIPA Act;
- be accompanied by the fee of $30.00;
- specify the documents required or provide information as is reasonably necessary to enable the documents to be identified;
- specify the name of the applicant and a postal or email address, as the address for correspondence in connection with the application.
- lodged with NSWPF electronically, by mail or by hand.