This permit is for persons who inherit a firearm (or matched pair of firearms) and who wish to retain possession (not use) of the firearms as an heirloom. Clause 58 - Firearms Regulation 2017 relates.
- FACT Sheet - Heirloom Permit (PDF)
The application and legitimate reason forms are interactive. You must complete both forms, then print and return both forms with any requested documentation to the Firearms Registry, Locked Bag 5102, Parramatta NSW 2124.
- FACT Sheet - 100 Point Identification (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Safe Storage Level One - Category A & B Requirements (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Safe Storage Level Two - Category C, D & H Requirements (PDF)
- 'Acquiring a Firearm' page on our website
- FACT Sheet - Schedule of Fees (PDF)