This permit is for persons/organisations undertaking scientific research that necessitates the possession and use of a firearm. Applicants for such a permit will need to establish the basis of the research and in particular the need for firearms in the conduct of the research. The application must be endorsed by the relevant scientific research body, University etc. Clause 72 - Firearms Regulation 2017 relates.
- FACT Sheet - Scientific Purposes Permit (PDF)
The application and legitimate reason forms are interactive. You must complete both forms, then print and return both forms with any requested documentation to the Firearms Registry, Locked Bag 5102, Parramatta NSW 2124.
If this application is for a business, please complete the Business Declaration.
- Business Declaration (PDF)
This form is for persons, other than the permit holder, to be listed on and authorised by the permit.
- Application Form P635 (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - 100 Point Identification (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Safe Storage Level One - Category A & B Requirements (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Safe Storage Level Two - Category C, D & H Requirements (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Transportation of Firearms (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Schedule of Fees (PDF)