SLED conducts probity checks for all security licence applicants to ensure only appropriate people are granted a licence.

If you're on a visa and have lived in a country other than Australia for more than 12 months in the past 10 years you must have a Police Clearance Certificate from that country.

The certificate must have been issued within 12 months of your licence application, be translated into English (if applicable) and must be verified by that country’s embassy or consulate in Australia.