Security licences cannot be transferred between states or from New Zealand to Australia. However, individuals who hold an interstate security licence may apply for the equivalent NSW licence in accordance with the requirements of the Commonwealth Mutual Recognition legislation.

SLED will contact the interstate licensing body to verify the statements or information provided in the application. SLED may grant or refuse the application, or postpone a decision for up to six months, in accordance with the Commonwealth legislation. Click here for more information about the Mutual Recognition Scheme.