If money and other valuables are being transported within a building, for example between a gaming room and an office at a pub or club, then a 1C (Cash-in-Transit Guard) licence is not required. These activities can be carried on by a 1A (Security Officer) licensee, or a 1F (Armed Guard) licensee if armed and while holding the appropriate firearms licence.

Similarly, only a 1A licence, or 1F licence if armed,  is required to transport money and other valuables between buildings on the same geographical site, for example a university campus, unless the transportation requires movement across public roads.

A 1C (Cash-in-Transit Guard) licence is required to transport money and other valuables at all other times. If carrying on this activity while armed, the 1F licence (and appropriate firearms licence) must also be held.