All NSW security licences have certain conditions attached to them. These conditions ensure licences are being used appropriately and help SLED to regulate the industry safely and fairly.
Class 2 licence conditions:
- You must display your licence at all times when carrying out security activities. Licences must be clearly visible and worn on the front or side of your body above the waist on the outside of your clothing.
- To carry out any security activity you must be employed or provided by a master licence holder or hold a master licence yourself.
- You must notify SLED within 14 days of any change of particulars including your address, email address and phone number.
- You must notify SLED within seven days if your licence is lost, destroyed, damaged or stolen. You have 14 days to lodge an application for a new card.
- You must produce your licence for inspection on demand by a police officer or any other member of the NSW Police Force, or any person you have dealings while carrying out any security activity.
- After you renew your licence, you have 60 days to attend a Service NSW centre to have a new photograph taken.
Penalties may apply, including fines and the suspension or revocation of your licence, if you breach any of your licence conditions.