This permit is for interstate firearm licence or permit holders who wish to store firearms in NSW on a permanent basis. Section 28(g) of the Firearms Act 1996 relates.
NOTE: To be issued this permit, the applicant must be a resident of another State or Territory, be authorised to possess and use firearms in their State or Territory of residence and the firearms must be registered to the applicant's interstate firearms licence or permit.
- FACT Sheet - Permit to Authorise Storage of Firearms in NSW (PDF)
The application and legitimate reason forms are interactive. You must complete both forms, then print and return both forms with any requested documentation to the Firearms Registry, Locked Bag 5102, Parramatta NSW 2124.
- Application for a Firearms Permit (PDF)
- Permit to Authorise Storage of Firearms in NSW Legitimate Reason (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - 100 Point Identification (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Safe Storage Level One - Category A & B Requirements (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Safe Storage Level Two - Category C, D & H Requirements (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Schedule 1 Prohibited Firearms - Safe Storage Levels 1, 2 & 3 (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Recommended Safe Storage for Schedule 1 Prohibited Firearms (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Recognition of Interstate Firearms Licences (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Schedule of Fees (PDF)