The Firearms Regulation 2017 has a number of permits which can be issued for specific legitimate reasons. However, where a legitimate reason for possession and use of a firearm exists, but the legislation does not provide a specific licence or permit and it is considered appropriate, a permit can be approved and issued under section 28(g) of the Firearms Act 1996.
- FACT Sheet - Firearms General Permit (PDF)
The application and legitimate reason forms are interactive. You must complete both forms, then print and return both forms with any requested documentation to the Firearms Registry, Locked Bag 5102, Parramatta NSW 2124.
If this application is for a business, please complete the Business Declaration.
- Business Declaration (PDF)
This form is for persons, other than the permit holder, wishing to be listed on and authorised by the permit.
- Application Form P635 (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - 100 Point Identification (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Safe Storage Level One - Category A & B Requirements (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Safe Storage Level Two - Category C, D & H Requirements (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Schedule 1 Prohibited Firearms - Safe Storage Levels 1, 2 & 3 (PDF)
- FACT Sheet - Schedule of Fees (PDF)