The selection of firearm sector members for Firearms Registry Consultative Council membership is based on the following criteria:
- the nominee’s relevant expertise and experience
- the nominee’s active participation in, and commitment to, firearm regulation
- the nominee’s willingness to seek and represent the views of other participants
- how the nominee has demonstrated their personal commitment to improving the operation of the firearm regulatory regime
- any other relevant skills, qualities and/or qualifications they possess
Gender equity and member diversity will be taken into account in keeping with the Department of Premier and Cabinet’s Appointment Standards Boards and Committees in the NSW Public Sector July 2013. This document is available at www.boards.dpc.nsw.gov.au.