OUR COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TO ENSURE:
- All employees of the NSW Police Force comply with the Customer Service Charter and Guidelines.
- All employees comply with the Charter of Victims Rights.
- All employees are adequately trained in customer service delivery issues.
- All commands have in place a senior officer (Customer Service Portfolio Holder) who is responsible for effective customer service delivery.
- All commands continually measure and improve customer service delivery.
- All commands ensure that customer service calls/messages are appropriately recorded and acted on.
- Effective consultation occurs with local communities and/or internal customers to further improve customer service delivery.
THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES UNDERPIN THIS POLICY:
- The Customer Service Charter will be measured and reviewed annually. (Utilising a variety of data that will include COMPASS, Business Plans, Command Management Framework, HR Tools etc.)
- Customer service feedback is encouraged.
- Excellence in customer service delivery is recognised and rewarded.
- Management leads improvement in customer service delivery and actively identifies trends and new initiatives with their staff.
- Management promotes positive internal customer service.
- Management encourages the effective use of Volunteers in Policing and other support persons to improve customer service delivery wherever possible.
- Managers and supervisors monitor their staff to ensure compliance with the Customer Service Charter and Guidelines.