Location: Sanders Room, Auburn Council
Date and Time: Tuesday 25th July 2017, 10.00am – 11.00am
- Phillip Rogerson – Commander Flemington Local Area Command
- Jim Dickson – Crime Prevention Officer Flemington Local Area Command
- Alyssa Muscat- Community Safety and Youth Officer – Strathfield Council
- Yvonne Yun- Community Services Manager – Strathfield Council
- William Oslaw – Compliance Rangers – Strathfield Council
- Angelique Lisomiof – Youth Officer – Strathfield Council
- Kati Angelides – Volunteers – Strathfield Council
- Kelly McGuiness – Crime Coordinator Flemington Local Area Command
- Paul Arnold – Crime Manager- Flemington Local Area Command
- Teresa Russo – Community Safety – Cumberland Council
- Merryn Howell – Community Development Team leader
- Linda Boustani – Cumberland Council
- Brooke Endycott- Manager Community Development Unit – Cumberland Council
Agenda Item 1 & 2 – Discussed by Commander Rogerson
- Chairperson welcomed everyone to the meeting
- The minutes were accepted as a true and accurate record of the meeting and are to be posted on the intranet for the information of NSW Police personnel
- Resource issues discussed:
- New Commissioner to roll out new sections, squads
- Possible new Commands re merging.
- Flemington Police look like standing alone.
- Flemington Police currently covering 3 LGAs.
- Flemington Police still using Strathfield Shop front.
- Vacancies in general duty police.
- Hopeful to obtain additional Police with new pro constables, next class.
- Pro active team working well lead by two experienced sergeants who target break and enter offences.
Agenda Item 3 – Crime Report by Crime Manager Mr Arnold
Crime stats/categories discussed with CSPC members:
- Both Auburn and Strathfield LGAs significant crime drop achieved targets.
- Break and enter offences down. Slight rise in Auburn LGA.
- Slight rise in break and enter offences in Lidcombe area.
- Reduction in dance parties at SOPA.
- Busy NRL season extra Police to be deployed.
- Increase in licensing offences in Strathfield area. Licensing officers doing good work in this area.
- Overall crime steady but no increases.
- MOU will be signed off shortly re Strathfield Councils CCTV.
- Slight increase in robbery offences in Auburn LGA.
Agenda Item 4 – General Business
- Mr Rogerson – Thanked both Councils regarding support given to Flemington Police.
- Mr Rogerson- Thanked Strathfield Council for CCTV upgrades.
- S/Cst Dickson- Thanked Alyssa Muscat and Yvonne Yun for arranging community engagement events and presentations to the elderly.
- Yvonne Yun- Advised CCTV in bus shelters were not Council responsibility and it was NSW Transport to make sure CCTV was working properly.
Action: S/Cst Dickson follow up with NSW Transport.
- Yvonne Yun- Requested Police to meet with Councils maintenance staff regaining graffiti and drug locations regarding local parks.
- Will Oslaw – Advised Strathfield Council will be hiring two new rangers. Ranger’s hours will also be changed to afternoon hours and daylight hours.
- Angelique Lisomiof- Advised upcoming youth events will be arranged and requested Flemington Police YLO to attend.
Action: S/Cst Tambasco to be informed regarding upcoming events.
Meeting Closed at 11.00am.
Next Meeting to be advised.