Industry representatives nominate to be on the council and are elected by the outgoing industry representatives.
The election of industry representatives for SLED Advisory Council membership is based on the following criteria:
- the nominee’s relevant expertise and experience
- the nominee’s active participation in, and commitment to, the security industry
- the nominee’s willingness to seek and represent the views of other industry participants
- how the nominee has demonstrated their personal commitment to compliance with legislative requirements
- the nominee’s willingness and ability to attend Council meetings
- any other relevant skills, qualities and/or qualifications they possess.
Gender equity and member diversity will be taken into account in keeping with the Department of Premier and Cabinet’s Appointment Standards Boards and Committees in the NSW Public Sector July 2013. This document is available at www.boards.dpc.nsw.gov.au.