There are several subclasses of master licence:
- Class MA – carry on security activities within your own business. You must already hold a Class 1 and/or Class 2 security licence. This licence subclass doesn't authorise you to provide any other security operatives besides yourself.
- Class MB – provide no more than three security operatives to carry on security activities
- Class MC – provide between four and 14 security operatives to carry on security activities
- Class MD – provide between 15 and 49 security operatives to carry on security activities
- Class ME – provide 50 or more security operatives to carry on security activities
If you need to temporarily increase the number of security personnel you are allowed to provide, you can apply for a Temporary Excess Provision of Services (TEPS) permit.
You may also need a Class 2 licence if you want to perform specific functions within your business, like negotiating contracts or acting as an intermediary for other licensed security businesses or operatives. Find out more about Class 2 licences here.