There are several subclasses of Master licence that authorise the number of persons the licensee may provide on any one day:
- Class MA – carry on security activities as a self-employed individual. You must also hold the appropriate Class 1 and/or Class 2 security licence. This licence subclass doesn't authorise you to provide any other security operatives besides yourself
- Class MB – provide no more than three security operatives to carry on security activities
- Class MC – provide no more than 14 security operatives to carry on security activities
- Class MD – provide no more than 49 security operatives to carry on security activities
- Class ME – provide 50 or more security operatives to carry on security activities
If you need to temporarily increase the number of security personnel you are allowed to provide, you can apply for a Temporary Excess Provision of Services (TEPS) permit.
Your Master licence will authorise you to carry on the security activities authorised by a Class 2B (Security Seller) licence. You don't need to also hold the Class 2B security operative licence. Find out more about Class 2 licences here.