You need a Master licence if:
- You want to own and operate a security business and provide security operatives to carry on security activities.
- You already have a security operative licence (Class 1 or Class 2) and want to carry on security activities yourself within your own business.
- You want to employ security operatives to carry on security activities within your business (eg at hospitals, shops and licensed premises like pubs or clubs).
- You want to employ security operatives to patrol, guard or control crowds at an event or a function (eg a music festival, conference or other public event).
- You are procuring security for a third party (eg you are hiring out a venue for an event that requires security and you include security services for the client as part of the hiring costs).
- You own a security business in another Australian state or territory and provide security operatives to NSW clients. Please note, in this instance any security operatives you provide to carry on these services will also need to hold the appropriate NSW security licence.