All Class 1 licence applicants, except those applying for a 1E licence, are required to complete the NSW Security Licence Course via a NSW Approved Organisation.
SLED has a list of Approved Organisations that run this course in NSW. You can view the list here.
All Class 1 licence applicants, except 1E, must complete:
- The SLED Pre-Enrolment Assessment - including a language, literacy and numeracy test (LLN)
- First Aid certificate – HLTAID011 or HLTAID014 issued within the past three years by a Registered Training Organisation (as per the Australian Skills Quality Authority, SLED will only accept the superseded HLTAID003 and HLTAID006 qualifications for licensing purposes if they were completed before 30 June 2022). You must make sure you keep your First Aid certificate current and renew it every three years while you hold a NSW security licence.
- HLTAID011 (Apply First Aid) - Class 1A or 1C licences
- HLTAID014 (Provide Advanced First Aid) - Class 1B, 1D or 1F licences
- The current mandatory units in CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations and/or CPP31318 Certificate III in Security Operations (see below) via a SLED-Approved Organisation.
The mandatory units and course structure NSW Security Licence Course Structure Fact Sheet.
If you are applying for a specialist licence – 1B, 1C, 1D, or 1F – you need to complete additional units specific to your Class 1 licence subclass.
If you are an existing Class 1 licence holder and would like to add on 1B, 1C, 1D or 1F to your licence, you will need to complete the additional units to be eligible.
For a 1B Bodyguard subclass you must complete units from CPP31418 Certificate III in Close Protection and HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid.
For a 1C Cash-in-Transit Guard subclass you must complete the Cash-in-Transit Guard units:
- CPPSEC3118 Inspect and test cash-in-transit security equipment
- CPPSEC3119 Implement cash-in-transit security procedures
- CPPSEC3120 Load and unload cash-in-transit in secured and unsecured environment
For a 1D Dog Handler subclass you must complete units from CPP31318 Certificate III in Security Operations.
For a 1F Armed Guard subclass you must complete units from CPP31318 Certificate III in Security Operations.
For more training information, click here to visit the Security Training page, or click here for the SLED NSW Security Licence Course Conditions of Approval.