There are six Class 1 licence subclasses, and you can hold more than one subclass at a time.
- Class 1A Security Officer – patrol, protect or guard any property while unarmed whether static or mobile and to act as a crowd controller or in a similar capacity
- Class 1B Bodyguard – work as a bodyguard or in a similar capacity
- Class 1C Cash-in-Transit Guard – patrol, protect or guard cash-in-transit
- Class 1D Guard Dog Handler– patrol, protect or guard any property with a dog
- Class 1E Monitoring Centre Operator – monitor security alarm activations for the purpose of property protection
- Class 1F Armed Guard – protect, patrol or guard approved classes of property while armed (you must have a licence or a permit to possess a firearm, see Firearms Act 1996)
Note: to carry on armed cash-in-transit activities you must hold both the Class 1C Cash-in-Transit Guard and 1F Armed Guard licence subclasses.