SLED supports other NSW Government agencies by providing probity assessments for licence applicants in specific industries, including:
- Tattooing (regulated by NSW Fair Trading)
- Combat sports (regulated by the Combat Sports Authority of NSW)
- Explosives (regulated by WorkCover NSW)
- Medicinal cannabis (regulated by the federal Office of Drug Control)
- Poppies (regulated by the NSW Department of Primary Industries)
SLED also maintains a register of dealers under the Scrap Metal Industry Act 2016 and provides licensing support services to Rural Crime Investigators who administer the Wool, Hide and Skin Dealers Act 2004.