Do you want to change your personal details?

We now have an online service for changing your personal details. Simply fill in the online form and submit it by using the 'Submit' button on the form. You will receive an automated response confirming receipt of your information. After you select the 'Submit' button you will be provided with a summary of the information you have supplied and you may print this for your records.

NOTE: If you are changing your name you must supply supporting documentation which has been certified as a true and correct document (see the FACT Sheet below for further information).

Why is it important to notify a change of details?

You have a legal obligation as a licence or permit holder to notify any change of details on your licence or permit as prescribed by the Firearms Act 1996 and the Firearms Regulation 2017.

It is vitally important that the Firearms Registry and operational police have information on your current contact details so that any correspondence (including reapplications) are sent to the correct address and police have current details on licence and permit holders, including the safe storage locations for firearms.

What if I am moving interstate?

To hold a firearms licence in NSW, you must be a resident of NSW. If you move interstate, complete the 'Notification of Move Interstate & Request to Cancel NSW Firearms Licence' form available on the 'Interstate' page of our website. The following link will direct you to the Interstate webpage: