Man charged with property and traffic offences near Wagga Wagga
Monday, 01 November 2021 01:52:28 PM
Police have charged a man with traffic and property offences after a vehicle stop in the state’s Riverina region yesterday.
Just before 7pm (Sunday 31 October 2021), police saw a gold Mazda 626 with a rear tyre being driven on its rim, on the Sturt Highway, Gumly Gumly, ten kilometres south-east of Wagga Wagga.
Checks revealed the vehicle had been unregistered since September last year and was allegedly displaying number plates from another car, stolen from Canberra Airport yesterday (Sunday 31 October 2021).
The driver, a 49-year-old man, was arrested and taken to Wagga Wagga Hospital for mandatory testing before he was conveyed to Wagga Wagga Police Station, where he was charged with six offences:
- Drive motor vehicle during disqualification period
- Drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous
- Use unregistered registrable Class A motor vehicle on road
- Use uninsured motor vehicle
- Use class A vehicle with unauthorised number plate affixed
- Receive etc property stolen outside NSW
The ACT man appeared in Wagga Wagga Local Court today (Monday 1 November 2021), where he was formally refused bail to reappear in the same court on Monday 13 December 2021.