Two charged after three firearms and prohibited drugs seized - Bathurst
Thursday, 09 December 2021 12:18:43 PM
Two people have been charged with drug and firearm-related offences in the state’s Central Tablelands.
Following information received, officers attached to Chifley Police District arrested a 59-year-old man at a home at River Street, Rockley, yesterday (Wednesday 8 December 2021).
During a subsequent search of the home, officers seized three firearms – two rifles and a pistol – as well as ammunition and an electronic stun device.
The man was taken to Bathurst Police Station and charged with;
- Possess unregistered firearm – pistol,
- possess unregistered firearm – not pistol/prohibited firearm (x2),
- possess unauthorised firearm (x2),
- not keep firearm safely – not pistol/prohibited firearm,
- possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority,
- possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit,
- not keep firearm safely – pistol, and,
- possess unauthorised pistol.
He was granted strict conditional bail and is due to appear at Bathurst Local Court on Wednesday 12 January 2022.
Following further inquiries, officers executed a search warrant at a home at Hamley Street, Bathurst, just after 8pm the same day.
During the search, police seized amounts of MDMA, methylamphetamine (ice), prescription medication, cash and a mobile phone.
All items seized during the operation will undergo further examination.
A 35-year-old woman was arrested and taken to Bathurst Police Station, where she was charged with possess prohibited drug, goods in personal custody suspected being stolen and supply prohibited drug.
She was granted strict conditional bail to appear at Bathurst Local Court on Wednesday 22 December 2021.