Three people charged after armed robbery - Blacktown

Tuesday, 23 November 2021 07:46:58 PM

Three people will face court tomorrow charged after an alleged armed robbery that left a man with serious injuries in Sydney’s west today.

Just after 2am (Tuesday 23 November 2021), police were told a man left a licensed premise on Kildare Road, Blacktown, when he was approached by a female patron who requested a lift home.

The man and female drove from the address before she asked him to stop on Debby Way and they both exited the vehicle.

At this time, three men – armed with bats and metal poles – approached the man, and together with the female, allegedly assaulted him before taking his wallet and keys and fleeing in his Range Rover.

Officers attached to Blacktown Police Area Command were notified and attended, along with NSW Ambulance paramedics, who treated the man, aged 64.

He was taken to Westmead Hospital with a suspected broken ankle, broken ribs, lacerations and bruising to his face.

Following inquiries, at 4.40am today, police stopped a white Toyota Camry on McKenzie Boulevarde, Toongabbie, and located a set of keys believed to belong to the 64-year-old.

Three of the five occupants of the Toyota – two 18-year-old men and a 17-year-old female – were arrested and taken to Blacktown Police Station.

They were each charged with assault with intent to rob - armed with offensive weapon and be carried in conveyance taken without consent of owner.

The 17-year-old was refused bail to appear at a children’s court tomorrow (Wednesday 24 November 2021).

The two men were also refused bail to appear before Blacktown Local Court tomorrow.

During further patrols of the area, the Range Rover was located and seized on Cavendish Way, Blacktown and will undergo further examination.

Investigations continue

Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report crime via NSW Police social media pages.