Charges laid following pursuit - Castle Hill
Tuesday, 23 November 2021 06:42:11 AM
Police have charged a man following a pursuit in Sydney’s north-west yesterday.
About 12.15pm on Monday (22 November 2021), officers attached to Riverstone Police Area Command attended a home at Acres Road, Kellyville, as part of ongoing inquiries into alleged firearm offences.
On arrival, police located a 22-year-old man and a 34-year-old woman at the property.
The man allegedly threw large rocks at police and threatened officers with a hammer, before fleeing the scene with the woman in a Toyota Yaris.
A pursuit of the vehicle was initiated through Kellyville; however, terminated twice due to the manner of driving, and safety concerns.
It was re-engaged a short time later at Ridgecrop Drive, Castle Hill, where it was terminated again after the driver of the Yaris allegedly swerved at a police officer.
A short time later there was a further sighting of the Yaris, and another pursuit was initiated before the vehicle was successfully stopped using road spikes at Citadel Crescent, Castle Hill.
Local police, with assistance from the Traffic & Highway Patrol Command, the Dog Unit, and officers attached to Riverstone and Blacktown Police Area Commands, arrested the man and woman.
They were both taken to Castle Hill Police Station, where the man was charged with 14 offences;
- Possess unauthorised firearm,
- not keep firearm safely – not pistol/prohibited,
- possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority,
- acquire firearm – subject to prohibition order,
- acquire ammunition subject to prohibition order,
- aggravated break and enter commit serious indictable offence – people there,
- stalk/intimidate intend fear physical harm,
- police pursuit – not stop – drive recklessly (x2),
- take and drive conveyance without consent of owner,
- use offensive weapon to prevent lawful detention (x2),
- resist officer in execution of duty, and,
- drive unlicensed.
He was refused bail and is due to appear at Parramatta Local Court today (Tuesday 23 November 2021).
The woman was charged with be carried in conveyance taken without consent of owner.
Police will allege in court that the woman was involved in a previous pursuit in a stolen vehicle on Saturday (20 November 2021).
She was granted strict conditional bail and is due to appear at Blacktown Local Court on Thursday 25 November 2021.
Investigations are continuing.