Man charged following pursuit with stolen car - Tamworth
Friday, 13 August 2021 12:57:19 PM
A man has been charged with multiple offences after a pursuit at Tamworth yesterday.
Shortly after 5pm (Thursday 12 August 2021), officers from Oxley Police District were patrolling as part of the ongoing COVID-19 compliance operation when they attempted to stop a Silver Mazda on Cossa Street.
Police will allege the vehicle failed to stop, and a pursuit commenced.
The Mazda travelled through Tamworth, before the pursuit was terminated due to safety concerns.
A short time later, 25-year-old man was arrested at home on Tingira Street and taken to Tamworth Police Station.
The Mazda was also located on the same street.
The man was charged with:
- police pursuit - not stop - drive dangerously,
- take and drive conveyance without consent of owner,
- drive motor vehicle during disqualification period,
- steal property in dwelling-house <=$2000,
- contravene prohibition/restriction in AVO and
- stalk/intimidate intend fear physical.
Police will allege in court that the man forced entry to a home on Marshall Place, Tamworth, and stole the keys to the silver Mazda prior to the pursuit. A woman and child at home during the incident were unharmed.
The man was refused bail to appear at Tamworth Local Court today (Friday 13 August 2021).