Man charged with 14 firearm offences after loaded pistol located - Albury
Saturday, 09 October 2021 12:00:29 PM
Police have charged a man with 14 firearm-related offences after he was allegedly located with a loaded pistol in Albury yesterday.
About 11.30am on Friday (8 October 2021), officers attached to Murray River Police District approached a parked Ford Falcon at a carpark on Thurgoona Street and spoke to the male driver.
It will be alleged the 34-year-old Victorian man alighted from the vehicle and ran from the scene.
He was arrested by police a short time later, during which he allegedly struck a male senior constable across the face.
In a subsequent search of the man, police seized a loaded pistol, an amount of MDMA and a ‘Guess Frontier’ crystal gold watch.
During a search of the man’s vehicle, officers seized a number of items, including a stolen credit card.
The man was taken to Albury Police Station, where he was charged with 14 offences, including;
- Possess loaded firearm in public place,
- possess unauthorised pistol,
- not keep firearm safely (pistol),
- possess unregistered unauthorised pistol in public place,
- possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority,
- not keep firearm safely, possess prohibited drug,
- possess prohibited drug,
- use offensive weapon to prevent lawful detention,
- goods in personal custody suspected being stolen – not motor vehicle (x4),
- resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty, and
- assault police officer in execution of duty.
He was refused bail and will appear at Wagga Wagga Local Court today (Saturday 9 October 2021).