Man charged after allegedly assaulting woman and two police officers - Leeton
Thursday, 30 September 2021 11:15:19 AM
A man has been charged after allegedly assaulting two police officers in the state’s Murrumbidgee region yesterday.
Just after 2.30pm (Wednesday 29 September 2021), officers attached to Murrumbidgee Police District were conducting proactive patrols when they observed a domestic incident at a home on Blackwood Street, Leeton.
As they arrived, police will allege they saw the man punch a woman known to him in the head, before running from the scene.
The 27-year-old man was stopped by police in a neighbouring property, where he allegedly elbowed a male constable in the head before the man allegedly threw a chair at him.
Further police attended and the man was located nearby. During his arrest, he allegedly punched a female constable in the face. Police deployed OC spray and arrested the man.
The male constable was treated at the scene by NSW Ambulance Paramedics for swelling and grazing to his face.
During a search, officers will allege they located a knife.
He was taken to Leeton Police Station where he was charged with eight offences:
- common assault (domestic violence)
- contravene prohibition/restriction in AVO (domestic)
- assault police officer in execution of duty
- assault police officer in execution of duty cause actual bodily harm
- intimidate police officer in execution of duty without actual bodily harm
- resist officer in execution of duty
- enter inclosed land not prescribed premises without lawful excuse
- carry cutting weapon upon apprehension
The Leeton man appeared in Griffith Local Court today (Thursday 30 September 2021), where he was formally refused bail to appear in Leeton Local Court early next year.