Untitled

Two charged following alleged abduction and home invasion at Sans Souci

Thursday, 10 June 2021 08:46:24 AM

Two men have been charged after another man was allegedly kidnapped during a home invasion in Sydney’s south overnight.

About 4pm yesterday (Wednesday 9 June 2021), officers attached to St George Police Area Command attended a home at Bonney Street, Sans Souci, following reports a man had been abducted.

Police were told, a group of men forced their way into the house and confronted the occupants including a woman and a 44-year-old man.

The man was allegedly then forced into a vehicle outside.

A short time later a car matching the description of the vehicle was located on fire at Bankstown.

A crime scene was established by local police before detectives from the State Crime Command’s Robbery and Serious Crime Squad took carriage of the investigation.

About 11.20pm, investigators located the 44-year old man in Padstow suffering minor injuries.

Police have been told he had been threatened and assaulted by members of the group at a home on Archibald Street before fleeing the property through a window.

The man was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

A short time later, officers attached to South West Metropolitan Operations Support Group (OSG) arrested two men – aged 21 and 23 – at a park at Padstow.

The men were taken to Bankstown Police Station and both charged with be carried in conveyance taken without consent of owner, special aggravated break and enter and commit serious indictable offence (weapon), and take/detain in company with intent to get advantage occasion actual bodily harm.

The pair were both refused bail to appear at Bankstown Local Court today (Thursday 10 June 2021)

Inquiries into the incident are continuing.