Man charged after pursuit - Collingullie
Thursday, 20 May 2021 04:26:50 PM
A man who led police on a pursuit in the state’s Riverina has been charged.
About 9.45pm (Wednesday 12 May 2021), officers attached to Riverina Police District Traffic & Highway Patrol attempted to stop a silver Ford Falcon traveling south on the Sturt Highway, Collingullie, about 26km north-east of Wagga, for a random breath test.
Police allege the driver initially stopped; but accelerated at speed as officers approached the man’s vehicle.
A pursuit was initiated, however terminated a short time later after the driver crossed to the northern side of the road numerous times while allegedly reaching speeds of more than 170km/h.
Following inquiries, police attended an address on Green Street, Lockhart, about 9.15am Monday (May 17 2021), and arrested a 34-year-old man.
He was taken to Wagga Wagga Police Station and charged with:
• Contravene prohibition/restriction in AVO (Domestic)
• Police pursuit - not stop - drive dangerously - 1st off-T2
• Class A m/v exceed speed > 45 km/h – Estimated
• Drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous
• Driver use mobile phone when not permitted
• Intimidate police officer in execution of duty
He appeared at Wagga Wagga Local Court on Monday (17 May 2021), where he was refused bail to reappear at the same court next month (Monday 28 June 2021).