13 charges laid over alleged historic sexual assaults - St Marys
Thursday, 11 March 2021 04:12:16 AM
A former priest has been charged over the alleged historic sexual assault of two boys in Sydney’s west and on the South Coast.
In August last year, detectives from Nepean Police Area Command commenced an investigation into allegations of historic child sexual assault by a man between 1986 and 1991.
Following extensive investigations, detectives issued a 70-year-old man with a Court Attendance Notice today on Wednesday 27 January 2021, at a facility at Malabar, for the following charges;
- Indecent assault of person under 16 - under authority (four counts)
- Sexual intercourse with person aged 10-16 (two counts)
- Homosexual intercourse with male 10-18 (two counts)
- Solicit male under 18 to commit homosexual intercourse
- Incite person under 16 to an act of indecency (two counts)
- Assault and act of indecency (two counts)
Police will allege in court that the man, who was a priest at the time, sexually assaulted two boys – then aged between 11 and 17 – who were known to him, over a five-year period, while they were in his care.
The man will appear at Penrith Local Court on Thursday 11 March 2021.