Officer spat on, woman charged - Narromine
Wednesday, 21 April 2021 11:49:13 AM
A woman has been charged with 11 offences after allegedly crashing a vehicle and assaulting a police officer in the state’s Orana Region.
About 5.20pm yesterday (Tuesday 20 April 2021), police were called to Dappo Road, Narromine, after reports a female driver had performed a burnout and collided with a fence.
It’s alleged the woman also assaulted a female bystander and stole her phone before attempting to flee.
The woman was detained by members of the public and the phone was recovered.
Officers from Orana Mid-Western Police District attended and arrested the 33-year-old woman, who allegedly refused to provide a breath test.
She was taken to Dubbo Police Station, where it’s further alleged the woman spat at a male sergeant, before being taken to Dubbo Base Hospital for treatment.
Upon release she was taken to Dubbo Police Station, where she was charged with 11 offences including;
- Not give particulars to owner of damaged property
- Drive motor vehicle menaces another with intent
- Drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous-1st off
- Common assault
- Resist officer in execution of duty (x2)
- Assault police officer in execution of duty (x2)
- Refuse or fail to submit to breath test
She was refused bail to appear at Dubbo Local Court today (Wednesday 21 April, 2021).