Charges laid after Wallacia armed robbery and Wollongong car-jackings
Friday, 16 April 2021 08:59:44 AM
Detectives have charged a man following an investigation into an armed robbery at a licenced premise in Sydney’s west earlier this month, and two car-jackings near Wollongong earlier this week.
About 4.30am on Friday 2 April 2021, emergency services were called to a licenced premise on Mulgoa Road at Wallacia, following reports of an armed robbery.
Police were told a man – armed with a firearm – entered the hotel and threatened staff, before stealing cash and a white Holden Commodore that had been parked outside.
The man then left the area in the stolen sedan and was last seen travelling south on Mulgoa Road.
The two employees were not physically injured during the incident.
Initial inquiries were conducted by officers from Nepean Police Area Command, before detectives from the State Crime Command’s Robbery and Serious Crime Squad took carriage of the incident under Strike Force Decora.
During the investigation, police were notified of an incident at Mt Kiera on Tuesday 13 April 2021.
Police were told a man sitting in a parked prime mover on Harry Graham Drive, when he was approached by a man and a woman – allegedly armed with a firearm.
The man was allegedly threatened and detained, before the pair stole his personal items and the vehicle.
It’s alleged the pair pulled over about 600 metres down the same road and approached the occupant of a parked Subaru Liberty.
The male occupant was also allegedly threatened with the firearm and forced from the vehicle, before the man and woman set fire to the prime mover and stole the Subaru.
Following extensive investigations, Strike Force Decora detectives arrested a 42-year-old man at Gregory Hills, about 2.30pm yesterday (Thursday 15 April 2021).
Detectives searched the man and his vehicle, locating a vehicle registration plate, knuckledusters and a folding knife.
Officers subsequently executed a search warrant at a home on Bents Basin Road, Wallacia, where they located prohibited drugs and electronic items.
All items seized during the operation will undergo forensic examination.
The man was taken to Narellan Police Station where he was charged with three counts of robbery while armed with dangerous weapon and destroy property in company use fire.
He was refused to appear at Picton Local Court today (Friday 16 April 2021).
As investigations continue, police would like to speak with a woman described as having long blonde hair and about 167cm tall. She was last seen wearing grey tack pants and a beige jumper.
Inquiries under Strike Force Decora are continuing.
Anyone with information that could assist strike force detectives is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report information via NSW Police social media pages.