Teen charged following investigation into commercial break and enters - Dubbo
Thursday, 15 April 2021 12:16:23 PM
A teenage boy has been charged with 49 offences following an investigation into break and enters at businesses in the state’s Orana Region.
In January 2021, officers attached to Orana Mid-Western Police District commenced an investigation following several break and enter offences at commercial premises in the Dubbo township.
Between Sunday 3 January 2021 and Wednesday 24 February 2021, police responded to reports of more than 20 break-ins at businesses on Mountbatten Drive, Hawthorn Street and Wheelers Lane.
Police will allege three vehicles were stolen during the offences.
Following inquiries, police executed search warrants at premises in Warren on Thursday 18 March 2021, during which clothing was seized.
Shortly before 3.30pm yesterday (Wednesday 14 April 2021), police arrested at 17-year-old boy at Dubbo Police Station.
He was charged with the following 49 offences:
- Break and enter (10 counts)
- Aggravated break and enter (nine counts)
- Larceny (nine counts)
- Destroy damage property (four counts)
- Enter land with intent (two counts)
- Take and drive motor vehicle (two counts)
- Steal motor vehicle
- Enter vehicle without consent of owner
- Never licensed person drive vehicle on road (three counts)
- Threat to prevent information to police
- Pervert the course of justice
- Intimidation (three counts)
- Use carriage service to threaten to kill/ serious harm (three counts).
He remains in custody to appear before a children’s court today (Thursday 15 April 2021).