Man charged and three teens arrested over alleged break and enters - Kempsey
Tuesday, 13 April 2021 12:08:46 PM
A man has been charged following an investigation into aggravated break and enters on the Mid North Coast.
In April 2021, Strike Force Blain was established to investigate an increase in break and enter offences in the
Mid North Coast area, particularly Kempsey, South West Rocks and Port Macquarie.
About 4.30pm yesterday (Monday 12 April 2021), police responded to reports local residents had seen a man and three youths entering properties in the North Shore area.
Officers attached to Mid North Coast Police District attended a property on Shoreline Drive, North Shore and were told the group were confronted, then detained, by the residents.
A man and three teens were arrested and taken to Kempsey Police Station.
The man was charged with;
- Aggravated break/enter dwelling etc in company steal (two counts)
- Take & drive conveyance w/o consent of owner (three counts)
- Be carried in conveyance taken w/o consent of owner (two counts)
- Attempt Break and enter dwelling-house etc with intent (steal)
- Steal property in dwelling-house
- Common assault
- Stalk/intimidate intend fear physical etc harm, and
- Recruit child to carry out/assist criminal activity
He appeared at Kempsey Local Court today (Tuesday 13 April 2021), where he was refused bail to appear at the same court on Monday 26 April 2021.
The three teens – one aged 13 and two aged 12 – were released pending formal cautions.