Man charged following pursuit - Coffs Harbour
Tuesday, 20 September 2022 10:23:34 AM
A man has been charged following a pursuit on the state’s north coast yesterday.
About 11am (Monday 19 September 2022), officers from Coffs/Clarence Police District attempted to stop a silver Holden sedan travelling southbound on the Pacific Highway near Arrawarra, north of Woolgoolga.
The driver – a 47-year-old man – allegedly failed to stop and police initiated a pursuit; however, it was terminated near Woolgoolga due to safety concerns.
Soon after, the vehicle was sighted on the Pacific Highway, near Coffs Harbour, before a second pursuit was commenced.
Road spikes were successfully deployed on the Pacific Highway, near Waterfall Way, before the vehicle came to a stop.
The man was arrested and taken to Coffs Harbour Police Station where he was charged with:
- common assault,
- stalk/intimidate intend fear physical etc harm (domestic)
- armed with intent to commit indictable offence,
- class A m/v exceed speed > 45 km/h,
- police pursuit - not stop - drive at speed,
- police pursuit - not stop - drive dangerously
- refuse or fail to submit to oral fluid test.
He was refused bail to appear at Coffs Harbour Local Court today (Tuesday 20 September 2022).