Teenager charged with property and theft-related offences - Dubbo
Tuesday, 20 September 2022 11:46:14 AM
A teenager will face court today after being charged with property and theft-related offences in the state’s central west.
In August 2022, officers attached to Western Region Enforcement Squad commenced an investigation into alleged property offences and vehicle thefts throughout the Western Region.
Following inquiries, about 7.50am yesterday (Monday 19 September 2022), officers attached to Western Region Enforcement Squad and Orana Mid-Western Proactive Crime Team attended a home in Dubbo, where a 16-year-old boy was arrested.
He was taken to Dubbo Police Station and charged with:
- Two counts of aggravated break and enter and commit serious indictable offence-people there,
- Five counts of be carried in conveyance taken without consent of owner,
- Enter prescribed premises of any person without lawful excuse,
- Dishonestly obtain property by deception,
- Enter vehicle or boat without consent of owner/occupier,
- Take and drive conveyance without consent of owner, and
- Unlicensed for Class, Class C, R, LR or MR.
Additionally, nine outstanding arrest warrants were executed for traffic and property-related offences, and breach of bail.
The teen was refused bail to appear at a children’s court today (Tuesday 20 September 2022).