Wanted man from Wollongong located in Sydney's south
Wednesday, 07 September 2022 03:03:01 PM
A man has been charged with an outstanding arrest warrant following inquiries across the Illawarra and Sydney’s south.
Late last month, officers attached to Wollongong Police District’s Proactive Crime Team commenced inquiries to locate a 19-year-old man wanted by virtue of an outstanding arrest warrant in relation to property and theft offences.
Following inquiries and a public appeal, officers attached to Central Metropolitan Police Area Command’s Sutherland Shire Proactive Crime Team observed the wanted man on Talara Road, Gymea, just after 4pm yesterday (Tuesday 6 September 2022).
It will be alleged he provided police with a false name before resisting arrest and attempting to flee.
An off-duty officer intervened and helped restrain the man, who was then taken to Sutherland Police Station where he was charged with eight offences, including:
- Aggravated break and enter commit serious indictable offence – people there – serious indictable offence (2 counts),
- Enter building/land with intent commit indictable offence (2 counts),
- Take and drive conveyance without consent of owner,
- Enter vehicle or boat without consent of owner/occupier,
- Possession of equipment for administering prohibited drugs, and
- Resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty.
The outstanding warrant was also executed.
He was refused bail to appear in Sutherland Local Court today (Wednesday 7 September 2022).
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report information via NSW Police social media pages.