Man charged after pursuit - Green Valley
Monday, 05 September 2022 11:22:18 AM
A man has been charged following a pursuit in Sydney’s west overnight.
About 9.15pm (Sunday 4 September 2022), officers attached to Liverpool City Highway Patrol initiated a short pursuit with a white Lamborghini on Cowpasture Road at Green Valley.
The Lamborghini collided with a black Jeep and black Audi sedan almost immediately after.
Following the crash, a 28-year-old man was arrested by police after a short foot pursuit. It will be alleged the man resisted arrest and OC spray was deployed to effect the arrest.
The occupants of the other vehicles involved were treated for minor injuries.
The driver of the Lamborghini was taken to Liverpool Hospital where he was treated for minor injuries, then to Liverpool Police Station, where he was charged with:
• Drive motor vehicle during disqualification period,
• Class A motor vehicle exceed speed more than 45 km/h – estimated,
• Police pursuit - not stop - drive at speed,
• Negligent driving (no death or grievous bodily harm),
• Not give particulars to other driver,
• Assault police officer in execution of duty without actual bodily harm,
• Resist officer in execution of duty, and
• Drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous.
The man was refused bail to appear in Liverpool Local Court today (Monday 5 September 2022).
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report information via NSW Police social media pages.