Man charged with string of armed robberies across Sydney
Friday, 29 July 2022 11:12:57 AM
A man will appear in Court later today after being charged with a string of armed robberies in Sydney’s Inner West, Eastern Suburbs and CBD areas.
Officers from Inner West Police Area Command commenced an investigation following an aggravated break and enter at a premises at Forest Lodge, where a grey Subaru station wagon was allegedly stolen during the early hours of Saturday 23 July 2022.
Police will allege in Court that the vehicle was used during a number of offences across Sydney’s Inner West in the days that followed the initial incident at Forest Lodge.
Following extensive inquiries by detectives from Inner West Police Area Command, with assistance from Surry Hills Police, officers arrested a 25-year-old man on Cleveland Street, Redfern about 12.10pm yesterday (Thursday 28 July 2022).
The man was then taken to Surry Hills Police Station where he was charged with eight offences, including;
- aggravated break and enter in company from Forest Lodge
- steal motor vehicle from Forest Lodge,
- dishonestly obtain financial advantage by deception at Glebe,
- robbery whilst armed with an offensive weapon at Stanmore
- robbery in company in Sydney’s CBD,
- aggravated enter dwelling in company with intent to steal at Darling Point,
- dishonestly obtain financial advantage by deception at Redfern, and
- robbery whilst armed with an offensive weapon at Glebe
He was refused bail to appear in Downing Centre Local Court today (Friday 29 July 2022).