Firearm and drugs seized during search, man charged - Sydney CBD
Tuesday, 19 July 2022 06:07:55 AM
**A photo of the seized firearm is available through the NSW Police social media pages**
A man has been charged with firearm and drug offences following a search in Sydney’s CBD.
About 1.20pm yesterday (Monday 18 July 2022), officers from the Organised Crime Squad, with the assistance of detectives from Sydney City Police Area Command, stopped a man after he left a licensed premises on George Street.
Investigators conducted a search of the man and allegedly located a loaded Glock 19 pistol with under barrel laser sight in the waistband of his pants.
A further search of the man located what police will allege to be approximately 3.3grams of heroin, 6.6grams of methylamphetamine and $2100 cash.
The man was taken to Day Street Police Station and charged with eight offences, including:
- possessing an unregistered pistol in a public place,
- possessing a loaded firearm in a public place,
- possessing an unregistered firearm,
- possessing an unauthorised pistol,
- three counts of supplying a prohibited drug and possessing a prohibited drug.
The man has been refused bail and will appear before Downing Centre Local Court later today (Tuesday 19 July 2022).