Man in court after firearms, drugs seized - Bidwill
Tuesday, 31 October 2023 12:14:35 AM
A man will face court today charged after firearms and prohibited drugs were seized from a property in Sydney’s west.
Between 1.45am and 2.45am yesterday (Monday 30 October 2023), police will allege in court that a home in Sunda Avenue, Whalan, was broken into and shotguns, rifles, cash and ammunition were stolen.
Officers from Mt Druitt Police Area Command were notified and commenced investigations.
Following inquiries, investigators executed a search warrant at a home in Middleton Crescent, Bidwill, about 10am yesterday.
During the search, police located two shotguns, a rifle, ammunition, methylamphetamine, cannabis, a slingshot, and a trail bike.
These items were seized to undergo forensic examination.
A 27-year-old man was arrested at the property and taken to Mt Druitt Police Station, where he was charged with 21 offences, including:
- possess unregistered firearms without licence/permit,
- three counts of acquire etc firearm - subject to prohibition order,
- acquire etc ammunition subject to prohibition order,
- possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority,
- supply prohibited drug,
- two counts of possess prohibited drug,
- four counts of possess/attempt to, anabolic or androgenic steroidal agent,
- possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit,
- use prohibited weapon contrary to prohibition order,
- three counts of goods in personal custody suspected being stolen, and
- three counts of deal in or attempt to deal in protected animal.
The man was refused bail to appear at Mt Druitt Local Court today (Tuesday 31 October 2023).
Investigations are continuing.