Weapons and ammunition found buried underground; man charged - Buxton
Friday, 20 October 2023 10:50:34 AM
PLEASE NOTE: NSWPF-branded photos of the items seized are available via Hightail – https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/RXOc5t2t4F
Police have seized multiple firearms, knives and ammunition, which were buried underground, at a home in Sydney’s southwest.
Officers attached to Camden Police Area Command attended a home in Buxton about 11am yesterday (Thursday 19 October 2023), to serve a firearms prohibition order on a 40-year-old man.
During the subsequent search of the property, police located a number of steel boxes buried underground, which allegedly contained a rifle, a 45-calibre pistol, a crossbow, multiple knives, ammunition, firearm parts and knuckle dusters.
The man was arrested and taken to Narellan Police Station, where he was charged 14 offences, including;
- Seven counts of possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit
- Possess unauthorised pistol
- Possess unregistered firearm pistol
- No keep firearm safety pistol
- Possess unregistered firearm not pistol or prohibited firearm
- Possess unauthorised firearm
- Not keep firearm safely not pistol or prohibited firearm
- Possess ammunition without holding licence or permit or authority
He was refused bail to appear before Campbelltown Local Court today (Friday 20 October 2023).