Man charged after warrants executed at Oakdale
Thursday, 12 October 2023 01:10:39 PM
A man has been charged with drug offences after a search warrant was executed at a property in Oakdale, approximately 20km west from Camden.
About 5.30pm on Tuesday (10 October 2023), officers attached to Camden Police Area Command conducted patrols of the Camden area before locating a utility at an oval on Mitchell Street, Camden.
Police search the vehicle and driver – a 22-year-old man – and, will allege in court, several bags containing cocaine were found.
The 22-year-old man was taken to Narellan Police Station, while a search warrant was executed at an address on Ammon Place, Oakdale about 11.20pm same day (Tuesday 10 October 2023).
Police located an indoor cannabis hydroponic at the premises, as well as cocaine, cannabis, resealable bags, scales, fireworks, a rifle case and ammunition.
The 22-year-old man has been charged with nine offences
- Supply prohibited drug more than indictable and less than commercial quantity (three counts)
- Deal with property proceeds of crime less than $100,000
- Possess prohibited drug (two counts)
- Possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority
- Possess, supply or make explosive for unlawful purpose, and
- Cultivate prohibited plant less than or equal to small quantity
He was granted conditional bail to appear at Picton Local Court on Wednesday (18 October 2023).