Man charged following investigation into alleged armed robberies - Armidale
Wednesday, 11 October 2023 11:49:58 AM
A man will face court today charged following an investigation into multiple alleged armed robberies throughout Armidale.
Detectives attached to New England Police District commenced an investigation into multiple armed robberies that occurred throughout Armidale between May and October 2023.
Following inquiries, about 12pm yesterday (Tuesday 10 October 2023), officers executed a search warrant at a home on Niagara Street, Armidale.
During a search of the home, police located and seized property believed to be stolen during the robberies.
Following further inquiries, about 1.50pm, officers located and arrested a 24-year-old man walking along Marsh Street, Armidale.
The man was taken to Armidale Police Station and charged with:
- Robbery armed with offensive weapon (four counts)
- Take and drive conveyance without consent of owner
- Aggravated break and enter and commit serious indictable offence-armed
- Possess prohibited drug (two counts) and,
- Possess/attempt to, prescribed restricted substance.
The man was refused bail to appear at Tenterfield Local Court today (Wednesday 11 October 2023).