Man charged with 29 offences - Strike Force Dozer
Friday, 12 May 2023 02:02:58 PM
A man has been charged as part of an ongoing investigation into property-related crime in rural areas throughout the state’s west.
In March this year, Strike Force Dozer was established by officers from the Orana Mid-Western Police District with the assistance of the Rural Crime Prevention Team to investigate rural property crime throughout the Narromine, Warren, Trangie, Nyngan and Cobar areas.
As part of ongoing inquiries, officers attended an address on McNamara’s Lane, Narromine, yesterday (Thursday 11 May 2023) where they arrested a 23-year-old man.
He was taken to Narromine Police Station and charged with 29 offences:
- 5x Take & drive conveyance without consent of owner
- 5x Damage property by fire/explosion greater than $15,000
- 4x Steal motor vehicle
- 3x Enter building/land with intent to commit indictable offence
- 2x Aggravated break and enter dwelling in company steal less than or equal to $60,000
- 2x Larceny value less than or equal to $2,000
- 2x Contravene prohibition/restriction in AVO (Domestic)
- 2x Use, supply etc stolen firearm or firearm part
- Break and enter dwelling-house etc with intent (steal)
- Accused person has committed serious indictable offence
- Larceny value greater than $5,000 & less than or equal to $15,000
- Possess prohibited drug
The Narromine man was refused bail and appeared at Dubbo Local Court the same day (Thursday 11 May 2023), where he was again refused bail to re-appear at the Narromine Local Court on Thursday 8 June 2023.
Investigations are continuing.
Anyone with information about Strike Force Dozer is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report information via NSW Police social media pages.