Firearm charges after Condell Park stand-off
Friday, 12 May 2023 01:07:00 AM
A man is due to appear in court today charged after an alleged stand-off with police in Condell Park yesterday.
Police were called to Fourth Avenue, Condell Park, about 11am yesterday (Thursday 11 May 2023), by three workmen who had escaped via a first-floor bathroom window after allegedly being threatened by the resident armed with a handgun.
Officers from Bankstown Police Area Command attended and established a perimeter, calling assistance from the South West Metropolitan Operational Support Group, the Public Order and Riot Squad, the Tactical Operations Unit and PolAir.
About 1.30pm, a 44-year-old man was arrested without further incident and was taken to Bankstown Police Station where he was charged with nine offences,
- Possess unregistered firearm (pistol)
- Stalk/intimidate intend fear physical etc harm
- Take etc person intend commit serious indictable offence
- Fire firearm manner likely injure persons/property
- Supply prohibited drug (two counts)
- Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit
- Recklessly deal with proceeds of crime, and
- Acquire etc pistol – subject to firearms prohibition order
The man has been refused bail and is due to appear before Bankstown Local Court later today (Friday 12 May 2023).