Two men charged after pursuit in allegedly stolen vehicle - Camden
Monday, 08 May 2023 12:05:18 PM
Two men have been charged following a pursuit in an allegedly stolen vehicle in the state’s McArthur region.
About 3.50am yesterday (Sunday 7 May 2023), officers attached to Camden Police Area Command attempted to stop two vehicles on Armour Avenue, Camden South.
After allegedly failing to stop as directed, a pursuit was initiated, before both cars stopped on McCall Avenue.
The occupants of one of the cars were searched, whilst the occupants of the other fled the scene on foot.
Police established a perimeter, and with assistance from the Doq Squad, two men – both aged 20 – were arrested.
The men were taken to Narellan Police Station where one of the men was charged with 9 offences, including:
- Police pursuit – not stop – drive dangerously,
- Not stop vehicle when directed to do so,
- Take & drive conveyance without consent of owner,
- Destroy or damage property >$ 2000 & <=$ 5000,
- Drive motor vehicle while licence suspended,
- Enter inclosed land not prescribed premises without lawful excuse,
- Goods in personal custody suspected being stolen (not motor vehicle),
- Face blackened/disguised with intent commit indictable offence, and
- Not give particulars to owner of damaged property.
The other man was charged with be carried in conveyance taken without consent of owner, face blackened/disguised with intent commit indictable, enter inclosed land not prescribed premises without lawful excuse and goods in personal custody suspected being stolen (not motor vehicle)
They were both refused bail to appear in Moss Vale Local Court today (Monday 8 May 2023).
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report information via NSW Police social media pages.