Man in court over alleged break-ins, firearm thefts - Richmond PD
Friday, 05 May 2023 01:31:13 PM
A man will face court today charged as part of investigations into aggravated break and enters, including the theft of firearms, in the state’s far north.
Officers from Richmond Police District commenced an investigation following reports a shed in Whiporie Road, Bungawalbin, was broken into between Tuesday 14 February 2023 and Thursday 23 February 2023.
Police will allege eight firearms were stolen from the property.
On Monday 24 April 2023, police have been told that a shed in Stibbard Road, Dungurubba was also broken into, and several power tools were stolen.
Following extensive inquiries, police attended a home in Brewers Road, Kippenduff, and arrested a 39-year-old man about 9.45am yesterday (Thursday 4 May 2023).
A search warrant was subsequently executed at the property, where firearms were seized to undergo forensic examination.
The man was taken to Casino Police Station, where he was charged with 14 offences, including:
- break and enter house steal,
- four counts of receive motor vehicle part theft – serious indictable offence,
- two counts of goods in personal custody suspected being stolen,
- receive property-theft – serious indictable offence,
- steal firearm,
- steal property in dwelling-house,
- steal trailer,
- aggravated break enter and steal,
- drive conveyance without consent, and
- breach of bail.
The man was refused bail to appear before Casino Local Court today (Friday 5 May 2023).
Investigations are continuing.