Loaded handguns seized, man charged after Raptor Squad search - South Granville
Tuesday, 25 April 2023 10:33:08 AM
A man is due to appear in Parramatta court today charged after two loaded handguns were found when a ute was searched at a home in South Granville.
Officers attached to State Crime Command’s Raptor Squad attended the Mona Street home of a 20-year-old man about 6.15am yesterday (Monday 24 April 2023), for a Firearm Prohibition Order (FPO) compliance search.
Three mobile phones and white powder, suspected of being cocaine, were allegedly found when the man’s bedroom was searched.
A crime scene warrant was subsequently executed on his utility parked in the driveway, with police locating a compartment which allegedly contained two loaded handguns, ammunition, and white powder also suspected to be cocaine.
The man was arrested and taken to Granville Police Station where he was charged with 13 offences,
- Possess unregistered firearm-pistol (two counts)
- Supply prohibited drug (indictable quantity)
- Possess/attempt to prescribed restricted substance (three counts)
- Possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority (two counts)
- Acquire etc prohibited firearm – subject prohibition order (two counts)
- Acquire etc ammunition subject to prohibition order (two counts), and
- Deal with property proceeds of crime.
The man has been refused bail to appear in Parramatta Bail Court later today (Tuesday 25 April 2023). All items seized have been taken for further examination.
Anyone with information about organised criminal activity is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report information via NSW Police social media pages.